Get The Complete Linux Administration Course Bundle!
Enroll in the courses directly on Udemy!
A Beginner’s Guide to Linux System Administration!
CentOS and Red Hat Linux to Certified System Administrator!
BASH Programming Course: Master the Linux Command Line!
The Complete Wireshark Course: Go from Beginner to Advanced!
If you want to become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator, you will LOVE this course! Whether you have no experience with Red Hat Linux or any other type of Linux operating system, you can count on this course to get you started with the basics and show you what to do all the way into the advanced material. You get to see immediately why Linux is worth learning and using. Learn the basics of CentOS and Red Hat Linux! Prepare and pass the RedHat certified system administrator (RHCSA) exam!
List of topics
- Why is Linux worth learning?
- VirtualBox installation/setup
- RedHat virtual machine setup
- RedHat dual boot setup
- Linux GUI essentials
- File system navigation ls, cd, pwd
- Finding files commands find, locate, upadtedb, man
- File & folder ownership commands chown, chmod
- Move, delete, and copy file commands mv, rm, cp
- Commands grep, pipe, echo, cat
- YUM package manager
- RPM package manager
- Redhat Certified System Administration Exam
- Globbing (wildcards)
- Linux file system
- Backups and compression
- Automating tasks with cron
- User properties and where they are stored in the system
- Creating a user
- Creating groups and assigning users to them
- Intro to network interfaces
- Network manager and configuration + troubleshooting tools
- Installing and configuring SSH server pt.1
- SSH passwordless and SCP (secure copying of files between hosts)
- Partitioning and file systems
- Partitioning a new disk
- Formatting a partition using xfs file system
- Mounting the partitions
- Linux volume management (LVM)